As your children continue to grow, you want to begin taking them outdoors more and even on holidays. As you and the family prepare for your first holiday you want to be fully prepared for the holiday destination so that your exploration is fruitful. Having the right children’s clothes for your beach holiday is just the beginning of a memorable trip together.
These trips are the most important and memorable events they are likely to enjoy, and your growing kids will carry these memories with them for the rest of their lives. Even if you live close to the beach, the outdoors, the crowd is all new and you want them to benefit and learn as much as they can on your day out together.
Planning for your family day outdoors
Unless you are very wealthy rich, competitive and are traveling in large group to some exotic island, kids clothing is often the last thing on your mind.
Regular people often worry a lot more about tasty dinners, relaxing, or sunbathing and water sports on a fun family outing. Here are some important thoughts when planning for a trip to the beach:
- Proper casual dressing: Even if you do not live far from the beach a suit, sweater and leather shoes often ruin the trip. Sand can be uncomfortable. This is probably the only reason kids beach wear is essential – anytime you visit the beach those words should dictate your dressing.
- Skin care products where necessary: I say where necessary because you may just be taking an evening stroll or having dinner at small café by the beach.
- Packed lunch: If you are visiting a crowded public beach you are there to relax. There will be food vendors but with the crowds and children, packed lunch is a much easier option.
- Keep your keys accessible and safe: The crowd is alive and there could be loud music and young crowds to deal with. It’s exciting and it just makes sense to have your valuables, keys, etc in a plastic bag within reach at all times. If you smoke beach wear is never pocket friendly – your solution should be compact (waist or neck bag).
- Try and relax: The atmosphere can be very exciting depending on the season and you should try to let the kids take care of themselves for a change. Let the build castles, run up and down, even splash shallow water if they want to.
- Loose change and some cash: Again depending on the beach change can be all you need to buy stuff from vending machines, pay for parking and use basic utilities. The busy environment is not one where you want to spend too much time looking for change.
- Beach umbrella, changing pad, sand toys and a good book all work to make your experience a lot more fun.